Gainesville, TX-- State Representative Drew Springer of House District 68 will be hosting two town hall forums on Monday, October 15th, 2018 and four town hall forums on Tuesday, October 16th, 2018. Times and locations are listed below:
Monday, October 15th:
• Gainesville from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM at North Central Texas College (Health Science Bldg, Lecture Hall), 1525 W. California Street, Gainesville, TX 76240-4678
• Lake Kiowa from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM at Lake Kiowa Lodge, Assembly Room, 905 Kiowa Dr. W, Gainesville, TX, 76240
Tuesday, October 16th:
• Post from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM at City Hall (Youth Room; AKA East Side Room), 129 W. Main Street, Post TX 79356
• Jayton from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM at Robert Hall Chevy, 501 N Main St, Jayton TX 79528
• Roby from 3:45 PM to 4:45 PM at County Courthouse (Coffee Room), 112 N Concho St, Roby TX 79543
• Aspermont from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM at Stonewall County Senior Citizens Center, 516 South Washington, Aspermont TX 79502
Rep. Springer appears regularly throughout the district to offer citizens and local officials the opportunity to visit with him in person and get directly involved with the political process, without having to drive to the district office or Austin office. Since the beginning of fall Rep. Springer has made 23 public appearances.
When asked about these town halls Rep. Springer stated, “Holding town halls is a great way to engage with the citizens of HD 68, one on one, in their hometowns." Rep. Springer holds regular forums throughout HD 68 every fall. There will be time for citizens to meet directly with the representative to share their ideas on how to improve State government or to discuss specific legislative issues. Everyone is encouraged to attend!
Rep. Springer will serve his fourth session in the Texas House when the next legislative session begins on January 8, 2019. He currently serves as Vice-Chairman for the House Committee on County Affairs and is also a member of the House Ways and Committee, which oversees the tax policy for the State of Texas.